Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Last Week in Hawaii :(










I can't believe that I will be leaving Hawaii in less than 3 days!! The past 3 months have just flown by! I am really excited to be able to come home for 4 days!! I hope that I can see as many of you as possible! My plan is to be at Pacific Community Church on Sunday Sept 23.
This last week of school has been really, really intense and stressful, but I have learned so much! We had an EMT from Seattle area teach us about Emergency Medical Treatment. Several times a day during the teaching lectures, there would be people screaming and we would hear loud sounds and have to rush outside to find some people bleeding and badly hurt! I have to applaud our patients and the make up team, because they did such a realistic job! I think my heart rate has been double for this whole week!! The last scene we had was a 2 car accident with 7 casualties! It was so realistic that we had a huge crowd of bystanders and a nurse who rushed over from a nearby apartment building. Our staff had tried to warn as many people as possible without any of us students finding out about it. We had to do triage, treatment and transport for all of the casualties. They had even called 911 to let them know that they were doing a 'mock' accident because apparently they get called every year!! This week was so intense that many of us resorted to tears! We understood why our teacher came a day early and took us out on a fun boating adventure to go snorkeling and bond with us! And that day of snorkeling was probably one of our funnest days here! But during the week, we sure learned how to work under pressure!! So even though I have learned so much at this school, I still feel that there is so much more to learn! I am excited to be able to use what I do know to help people in Cambodia and Thailand. I am flying to Cambodia by myself :( on Sunday Sept 23! We have recently learned that in one of the remote northern provinces of Cambodia, where we will be going, they are have just started to persecute the Christians there for their faith! If you can pray for us that we would still be able to impact those whom God has for us there and that he will protect us and keep us safe! There is still a possibility that we may go to Myanmar (Burma) which is a lot more dangerous, so just pray that God opens the door for that if it's his will. Several of my team members have been feeling sick this week:( Jessica has a respiratory infection so pray that God heals her quickly!! One of my staff, Tom, has flown back to the mainland to be with his sister as she has surgery for cancer. He is planning on rejoining us in Cambodia. Pray that God uses this time to restore their relationship and that he restores Tom's sister to himself! Our school leader Freidhelm's mom is dying of cancer in Germany and he is still torn between coming to Cambodia or going home to Germany to be with his mom. Freidhelm is currently at a big YWAM health care conference in India with another one of our staff. Pray for clear decision for Freidhelm and for his mom's healing and relationship with God. My roommate Jodi has suffered from migraine headaches for 10 years. Last week during a counseling session here on campus, she felt God delivered her from those headaches!!! But since then has been suffering from mild headaches everyday so we are praying for her complete deliverance!! Also pray for continued unity among our team that we may go out full of God's love!!:) Thank you so much for all your continued support, encouragement, prayers and love!! I am attempting to add some pictures from this week of the day snorkeling and also the traumas we experienced in class. Hope to see many of you later this week!! Love you!!!

No comments: