Friday, July 25, 2008

Auntie Cecil's Maternity Clinic

At Auntie Cecil's Clinic I got to do all the vitals for the prenatal exams!!
Some of these pregnant moms are so young!!
It was fun listening to the baby's heart beat and palpating for the position the baby was in!!:)

Today was fun! We traveled to another poor area when another midwife is working. She has a cute little clinic in a very dirty, poor, slum area. It took us a bit to get there cuz of all the traffic. Every Friday they hold a prenatal clinic and all the pregnant ladies in that area come. I got to do all their check ups today. So I weighed them all, took their blood pressure and pulse and checked them all for edema. Then was the fun stuff! Measuring the fundal height and finding the position of the baby and then listening to the fetal heart tones!! Many of them were young girls and it was their first pregnancy so they were a bit shy and nervous. I got to pray with each one of them. Hopefully I will see most of them again next Friday. There are 9 pregnant ladies that are due anytime. One is 41 and a half weeks already!! So maybe there will be another birth soon!!:) DJ went with me to this midwife, Cecil’s clinic, but next week I would have to try and find it on my own!! DJ is going to another island for a few days next week, to visit at another maternity clinic. I tried to pay attention on the way back so hopefully I will be able to find it againJ Cecil’s elderly mother prepared food for me and DJ in their really poor hut, so we had to eat a little. It was good but I was a bit nervous cuz the kitchen was really poor and dirtyL But her mother was so sweet we couldn’t refuse her!
Each day something interesting happens! So much to try and keep you informed about! But I am trying my hardest!! For most of you its probably already too much info!! But I know there are a few, like my mom!! Lol, who really want to know everything!! I try to put up a few new pics on my blog site every time I email so if that’s all you want to see that’s cool too!
Thanks for all your responses!! I love it!!:) Miss you all!!!

No comments: