Saturday, August 9, 2008

Baby Simon:)

Baby Simon's Mom, Rafel. I brushed her hair and put it up out of the way.
Baby Simon, minute old!! Starting to turn color!! He was so blue!!
Don't we look tired!! lol Ya, it was an exhausting birth!
Isn't he cute?! Ya, I think it's upside down! But took so long to load so I'll just leave it!
Cuddle time! My fav!!

Ok so I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet!! LOL Ya right!! Well, I'll try to cut out some of the gross details! lol So another miracle happened in the wee hours of this morning!! Baby Simon was born! It was the scariest delivery so far! (In the 3 that I've seen!! lol) The mom gave up pushing at one point and his head was stuck and he wasn't breathing! But we encouraged her! Quite aggressively, and helped to guide his shoulders out! My instinct is to cuddle the babies and quiet their cries but I know that its healthy for them to cry. Helps to clear any fluid they might have in their lungs! So after some crying, I get to cuddle them!! Baby Simon's mom, Rafel, was the second pregnant mom I met here! She is the one who's blood pressure has been a bit high. It was 150/100 for most of her labor. It would go down temperarily when she would drink water, but then go back up. And she was in labor for about 36 hours!! So I didn't sleep last night!! I'm pretty tired right now!! I think after I write this email I will go try and have a nap cuz we have one more pregnant mom that's due anytime! Miss you all!! Lots of love, Sherina

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hey Sherina,
Looks like you are having alot of fun:) I've read your blogs and "wow" you have been learning alot. Good for you:) So I'm guessing that prenatal is for you:) Looking forward to reading more about your adventures:) Take care of yourself:)