Sunday, August 17, 2008

Baby Updates

These are some of my friends from the Baptist Church. They took me out for lunch last Sunday!
Baby Simon, can you see how yellow he is?? :(
Rafel, Baby Simon's mom, wasn't cleaning his umbilical cord properly!! So we had to show her again!
This is where baby Simon lives!! One burnt out room!! They have no money! The mother-in-law gives the family of 6 food so they can eat!!!!
This is Ritchel and baby Axcel. The first baby I helped deliver!! Both are doing great!

So no more births yet:( But we have traveled to check up on the babies that I helped to deliver. Baby Simon is a little bit yellow. He might have a slight bit of jaundice. So we are keeping an eye on him. Baby Axcel is doing good. Gaining weight. He just has a bit of a rash. I think its just heat rash. He's gaining weight and him and mom are doing good. We got several new patients from that area because they saw that the baby is doing good! I've been doing a lot of prenatals!! And a lot of reading on some of the different medical things that I've come accross.

One of my friends got me a ticket to go to Sonic Flood, so I went to their concert with some of my friends from the Baptist church. It was good but Chris Tomlin was better! I think it was a bit crazy for my conservative Baptist friends!! lol Today I went to the Vineyard church here! It was really good!! I love the worship still at the Vineyard!! Felt just like home! But then I got a text from the Pastor at the Baptist church wondering if I was sick!! lol Nice to know that people care about me and miss me!! So I'm going to attend their young peoples service at the Baptist church this afternoon. I'm going to try and download some pictures if it works this time.

I miss you all!! Keep the emails coming cuz I love to read about how you are doing at home!! I've been a bit homesick for the first time this last week:(

Love and Prayers

Sherina

1 comment:

Ray or Rebecca said...

Wow Sherina! You are amazing! What a great experience you must be having I really admire what you are doing and helping those women through what can be such a emotional time especially with no support they must be so thankful to have you. Thanks for posting your blog on facebook cause I didn't even know you had one! I'll be sure to check back now and I love your stories and the details!! :) Lots of Love, Rebecca