Saturday, February 28, 2009

Another baby safely brought into this world! Thank you Jesus!
This mom delivered so fast. She had felt like pushing in the tricy on the way to the clinic. Baby was out before I had time to put my second glove on all the way!! I got to name him too!! I named him Josiah!! He was so small but so very cute!!!
This was my first official catch from last Nov 14th!! So nice to see them again but they both have really bad coughs right now:(
I really like going to see the families for the postpartum visits to their home. Such a priveledge to see how they live. So poor!
Doing the new born exam.

Things have been busy here at the clinic! The first week we were having lots of births and the next week we had to do a lot of transports to the hospital! I've been learning lots through every experience. I've now delivered 8 babies as the primary midwife. One was just last night. But this week has been hard too. An older man came in the clinic who had been bitten by a poisonous snake. I was helping the doctor and we did all we could but the man passed away:( I was doing chest compressions and we were giving him blows of oxygen but we did not have the anti venom for the snake bite:( So sad!! I want to get some!! This did not help the fear I already have for snkakes!! Some of the women we live far up the mountains and we have to hike up there are visit them!! I'm going to need extra prayer for peace and no fear! There is one woman who lives in the area the man got bite and we might have to hike to her house in the dark if she goes into labor in the middle of the night!!! Ah!!! But overall I'm really liking being back here. Terri, Vicki's sister is teaching a 6 week course on childbirth education on our prenatal days and that is going great! The women, and me and the Filipino midwives, are learning so much and its fun too:) We are having more and more come every week!
I am just about done with my application for school. I'm applying to the National College of Midwifery so that I can become an official midwife! All that's left is to send in a cheque for the tution. This will be an online program. Most of the textbooks are here from schools that Vicki has run so I'm so priveledged to be able to make use of them!! I'm really excited to start studying:) Lots of Love to all of you!!! <3 <3 <3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sherina, So glad you're calling on the Lord Jesus. You're so blessed that He gifts you with a sense of His presence.
The babies look beautiful and I'm so glad you are there to pray for them and care for them.
Love, Cath