Monday, February 2, 2009

Back in Manila


God’s definitely prepared the way for me to come back to the Philippines. From a compassionate lady, working for Korea Air, letting me take an additional third bag for only $60 when it would have cost $240, to the customs officials in Manila waving me thru with a smile, even though I had been really honest and checked that I had goods to declare!! Some of my friends, Jonas and Rachelle and a few others from the Baptist Church picked me up from the airport. It was so nice not to have to haggle with a taxi driver and worry that he wouldn’t know where I was staying here in Manila!!

The kids here in Manila were SO excited to see me!!! They missed me even more than I thought!! The screaming welcome that I got was so loud that I’m sure everyone in the area heard it!! Good thing they didn’t know I was here til the next day cuz I arrived at the clinic at 2am!! I don’t think the neighbors would have been very happy if they screamed then! Ha ha

So thank you all so much for your prayers and all the items that were donated!!

I love and miss you all already!! And I’m missing the cold weather too! It’s still so hot here!! Ha ha

Lots of Love, <3>

Sherina

No comments: